Our sustainability policy
Craighall Steading is our home where we run our 3-bedroom bed and breakfast. We are located alongside Craighall Den a SSSI, and the historic location of Craighall Castle and close to the grade 2 listed Craighall Limekiln. We converted part of the steading in our home between 2016-2021. The bed and breakfast has been operating since 2022. As part of our commitment to making Fife, Scotland and the United Kingdom a more sustainable destination we have been working towards taking action to reduce our environmental impact signing up to the Green Tourism Business Scheme. We recognise that due to the nature of our business there may be some negative environmental impact, but by conducting our business in a responsible and thoughtful way we aim to follow and champion good sustainability practices, to reduce the environmental impacts of our activities by:
- Complying with relevant environmental legislation. Commit to the continuous improvement in relation to our environmental impact and sustainable development in general.
- Promoting waste minimisation, re-use, recovery, and recycling; including eliminating the number of single use items within our business. We will REDUCE – REUSE – RECYCLE whenever possible.
- We strive to improve our guests experience of the countryside
- We will work with local charities and businesses who share the same enthusiasm for promoting quality and local.
- We are committed to using home grown or local produce. We will try to use suppliers who have the same sustainability standards as us and which will help us to become a more sustainable business.
- We will continually investigate measures that reduce the consumption resources especially electricity, fuel and water.
- We will continually strive to prevent pollution and emissions. We encourage visitors and staff to walk, cycle or use public transport rather than cars where possible.
- As far as possible, we will use environmentally friendly cleaning products and toiletries